Silence was a short adventure by Marelo, most notable for the protagonist's inability to talk in the main world.
The Nameless Protagonist is standing in a field, and quickly discovers he is incapable of talking. His only method of communication is various facial expressions directed at a sign, which can communicate by having writing on its face.
An Annoying Kid shows up and pisses off the protagonist, but is kidnapped by an evil force lurking in a tree.
After persuading the sign to help him rescue the boy, Nameless Protagonist is transported to a realm within the sign where he learns the nature of his enemy from a knight, before returning to his mute world (with the knight's sword in tow) to defeat the Nameless Evil.
- Nameless Protagonist - The nameless protagonist has to save the world from a great evil. For some reason, he cannot talk.
- Annoying Kid - He throws rocks at the Nameless Protagonist before getting consumed by the Nameless Evil dwelling in the tree. Nameless Protagonist has to go and save him.
- Sign - One of the few pieces of scenery in this adventure, this sign could articulate its thoughts on itself. It could also create a portal to where mutes could talk.
- The Knight - A guy with a knight's helmet sworn to prevent the escape of the Nameless Evil into the real world.
- The Nameless Evil' - Some sort of evil thing with teeth. It kidnapped the Annoying Kid and would've destroyed everything under the sun. Or something.
- You Can't Do That, Stupid! - The protagonist repeats the same glare whenever someone suggests something particularly idiotic.